Building Sushi for RPI4+HifiBerry DAC+ADC Pro running Elk [Solved]

Hi there,

As stated in the title, I’m trying to build Sushi for RPi4 running Elk. I’ve played with the default sushi that comes with the 0.9.0 release of the Elk OS image and it works fine. However, I tried building sushi (0.11.0) with the cross-compilation toolchain for Pi4, which does successfully builds, but couldn’t start it on Elk.

For generating and building, I used the following command:
./generate --cmake-args="-DWITH_JACK=off -DWITH_VST2=off -DWITH_LV2=off -DWITH_LV2_MDA_TESTS=off -DWITH_RPC_INTERFACE=off" and then make in build/debug.

I then scp the built sushi to elk and ran it with:
./sushi -r -c ~/config_files/config_empty.json
This outputs Error initializing frontend, check logs for details.
And sushi.log:
[2021-01-22 03:31:40.664] [warning] #############################
[2021-01-22 03:31:40.664] [warning] Started Sushi Logger!
[2021-01-22 03:31:40.664] [warning] #############################
[2021-01-22 03:31:40.823] [info] [main] Setting up Xenomai RASPA frontend
[2021-01-22 03:31:40.823] [error] [raspa audio] Error opening RASPA: Raspa: Buffer size mismatch with driver.

I ran it again with sudo and it gave:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'spdlog::spdlog_ex'
what(): Failed opening file /tmp/sushi.log for writing: Permission denied
Aborted

Am I doing anything wrong in the above steps? Also, I was building the sushi repo straight after a fresh clone without any modifications.

[Edit] I just realised that I’ve played with different audio buffer sizes and didn’t change it back. Works fine now… :relieved:

1 Like

Good that you solved it @beeb.

Indeed, a single SUSHI build is only for a specific buffer size.

If you check the sushi command inside Elk, you’ll notice that is actually a wrapper bash script that automatically calls the right version according to the driver settings:

If you build SUSHI using Yocto, the system automatically builds several buffer sizes and put all of them + the script in a single package.

1 Like

Just an update on the sushi development journey. Some Dante integration work in Elk Sushi has been going on in the past weeks and the progress is pushing ahead! Thanks again for the great responsiveness from @Stefano and the team and this tight platform for audio! :grin:

1 Like