I’ve been experiencing random full system freezes when running some plugins with sushi. I made some experiments and could reach some (potentially wrong) conclusions:
- Freeze does not seem to be related with CPU temperature or usage: I constantly monitor temperature and does not go above ~50º, also CPU usage always stays at ~25% and freezes happen also when I’m not sending any notes to the plugin and there are no active voices
- Freezes do not happen with all the plugins. I can build the ELK JUCE example and I get no freezes, but if I deploy the plugin I’m making myself (compiled using the exact same JUCE version and toolchain) I do get freezes.
- Freezes sometimes happen right after loading the plugin, sometimes after 5-10 minutes of using it.
- I see no logs in sushi nor system logs that happen at freeze time.
- When the system freezes, if the plugin was making a sound, the audio outputs a constant (quite annoying) tone until I power off the raspberry pi
- If I don’t have sushi running, I get no freezes
- This happens with ELK Audio OS 0.9, but it also happened with previous versions
Obviously there seems to be something wrong with my plugin and I’ll do some further investigations by modifying parts of it. However, I guess there should be some way to get more hints on what is going on. Any suggestions of how could I debug that?